Old place, new thoughts.

Last week, my husband and I headed out for vacation. A week at the beach. There was plenty of food, sand, warm water, ice cream, sunshine, and, yes, a sunrise. 

(The other days I slept in til 9.)

Bougainvillea

Sunset on Captiva

Who doesn't love a sherbert-colored beach cruiser?
It's a place we've been many, many times before. So, with Friday's post on my mind, I set out to see what we could find that was different than expected. Was there a place on the island we hadn't seen? That, in 12 years, we'd missed?

Yes and yes.

But more than the places we'd missed, we saw the places we'd been. Some of them we revisited or walked or drove past, but the island seemed just a bit different, just as it has with every trip.

And then it dawned on me. Even when a place hasn't changed, we've changed. Which means going to the same place each year may have just as much value as finding a new one. With life's challenges, maturity, growth, studies, etc., there's always the chance you'll be seeing wherever it is you love through wiser eyes.

I hope you had a great week too. Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment