I must confess.

Though they may not be filled with all the juicy tidbits (ha! who can I kid?) of my life, each post here is a reflection of my thoughts and observations in relation to what's happening in my little corner of the world. Tuesday's post was especially close to home and heart. These last few weeks, since vacation, I've been racing against time. Wrestling it. Trying to make it fit into my schedule and not the other way around. As I opened Blogger to craft a message for today's post, the thoughts I intended to share slipped back into who-knows-where and the words written spilled onto the page.

More so than ever, this month has been one of going and coming and coming and going. Several days each week I'm out of town and on the road often. By the time I pull into our driveway, I have a feeling that sums up so much of our modern-day existence, and that is: I'm spent.

I know you can relate. 

My nose has been so close to the grindstone that I didn't even realize I was stretched so thin. Yes, I've been forgetful and my body aches in protest. But I thought I could manage. And that's what I kept telling myself – until the smallest of flags changed my mind. I pulled up the blog and saw all the typos and little errors in my recent posts. Though we all make mistakes and it may sound like much ado about nothing, writing is my livelihood, and I take both pride and care in how it's done – even here on the blog, which is a hobby. Clicking "publish" before proofreading is falling short of something important to me, and I believe that the type of things we talk about here deserve more.

Could I proof better? Yes. Could I flip open the MacBook and still try for the three posts per week I've been doing lately? Yes. Would both take more time than I have to give right now? Yes. It would steal the evenings from other things I hold dear, which are not things at all – friends, family, and, especially my husband. To not scale back for this crazy month would be to ignore my own advice to slow down. It would mean I was too committed to my to-do list, and it would mean giving up now for later, when my proverbial ducks are in a row and everything's checked off and done.

yoga philosophy: respecting limits

But none of us are guaranteed a later, are we? I hear that said so often, yet when I stop to think about it – what it really means – my heart drops into my stomach and my mind races with what I haven't done, thought, heard, loved, laughed, comforted, helped and sought. And I want to get out there and be in the middle of all those things. Now.

So, really, I suppose this is a long-winded way to say that I'll be posting once per week for several weeks, plus the weekend message. Thanks for your understanding and for visiting – it's humbling and uplifting that you read this blog, and it is such a joy knowing that there are like-minded individuals all over the world.

Namaste,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment