The strength to look weak.

Go ahead and call me weak. I don't mind. Because in so many situations and assumptions, what appears like weakness covers plenty of pride and strength. Strength to share "This is not for me" or "That is not something I can or will do" or "I need help" or "I cannot lift that." And what the undertones of this so-called weakness say have nothing to do with character, genetics or work ethic and everything to do with self-realization and the guts to make an admission. 


Guts. Strength. Strength under the guise of weakness. The strength to know that something is not good or right for us. The strength to hand over the reigns in lieu of hurting ourselves. The strength to step back instead of charging full speed ahead. The strength to send the ego packing. And the strength to see ourselves for who and how we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment