Work for Fall





Spring may be the best time for cleaning, but with its cooler weather and crisp air, autumn holds its own too. And it's the perfect time to clear away the things that popped up unnoticed during the summer and have hitched a ride permanently into our lives.

But I'm not talking about just grabbing a broom or mop. (Although, have at it.) I'm talking about raking up the leaves and dusting the cobwebs from our hearts and brain, and setting out over the next few months with a clear conscience, an open mind and a renewed capacity for compassion. It's about forgiving the little things lingering there or giving them permission to disperse, disband, dissolve.

But how? Well, honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Because this is one of the things I struggle with, day to day, this human tendency to carry too much with me. Just when I think I've let go and sent it into the ether, back it comes. Is that normal? I think so. But, one of these times, it'll be gone for good. I'm convinced the first step is just as it is in yoga: awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment