A little weekend message.

Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Yoga Wisdom
source
I'm a daydreamer. Anytime, anywhere. Playing out little wishes and scenarios in my head. Spacing out of whatever is and whatever is around me.

But too much of that isn't very yoga, is it? Because more than being a guilty pleasure, it takes me out of the present moment – the life, the reality I'm in – and sets me down somewhere that doesn't (and may never) exist. 

Sometimes, I admit, when times are tough or boring, that dream space seems far better than letting my mind touch the earth along with my feet. But I've also let daydreaming become a habit, and I've even wandered the alleys and streets of Barcelona, picturing my life if I lived there. The metro. Espadrilles. Dinner deep into the night. What did I see? What did I miss? What did I eat? There are pockets of time where the answer is: I'm not sure.

Sad, yes?

As we go into the weekend, let's remember that walking and thinking in reality is the only way to be in the moment. Not only is there plenty to gain from good and bad, but it's also what us yogis strive to do.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment